Mahavir Jayanti – Virtue of Truthfulness
Jayanti has great importance in main community. This day is celebrated as birth anniversary of Lord Mahavir. A good number of jain community celebrate this day with happiness and joy. Devotees visit temples and appreciate the contribution towards their community and teach their preaching to young people
This day holds an immense importance among Jain community. This day is celebrated to mark the birth anniversary of great of Jainism. Lord Mahavira was born on 13th day of Shula Pasha of Chair month. He is known as teacher or propagator of Dharma about Jainism. This festival is celebrated every year on 4th April 2023. This event has great significance for the Jain community. This day is celebrated with great enthusiasm and joy. This day is devoted to lord Mahavira who was famous among all saints. Lord Mahavira is considered a holiest and most accomplished missionary of peace and harmony. Lord Mahavira is the 24th saint of the Jain religion. He left a lot of teachings to youngsters to follow a virtuous and disciplined life.
Let’s see the teachings –
No tolerance for Violence-
- No harm to anyone·
- Walk on the path of truthfulness·
- Chastity – Leading life without any pleasure·
- Non-attachment – no attachment to materialistic activities.
- No theft. – No stealing things
- Waking up early in the morning and taking holy bathe·
- Visiting the temple and perform Abhishek. ·
- Devotees offer fruits, sweets and flowers in the temple. ·
- Feeding the poor and needy and distributing clothes·
- Devotees observe fast on this day. ·
- Lectures about the path off virtue is described in Jainism. ·
- Latvia food is being served all over and include freshly cooked vegetarian meals without onion and garlic.