Kerala is a land where tradition and heritage are preserved. If one to go to kerela, or do the Kerala your, then this one must visit during this festival time. This state is more fascinating due to land culture and customs and festivals. The different and various festivals are influences by their customs and traditions of Kerala. There is famous festival – Kadammanitta Padayani. This is 10-day festival where devotees celebrate this festival at kadammanita Bhagvatu temple. This is part of yearly Pathamudaya Mahotsavom.
Celebration starts –
- Lighting of fire taken from sacred lamp in temple.
- Drums thumping.
- Wearing of masks with different patterns amd designs.
- Colour derived to make these kolamsa are natural
- Black color is extracted from coconut shells
- Red is prepared by grinding red stones
- Yellow color is extracted from turmeric.
- They are joined by midribs of blade of coconut leaf.
- These kolams are wear as head gears
- Biggest kolam represents the goddess Bhadrakali – made from 1000 spa and carried on wheels.
- Dancing on kolam songs
- Devotees and performers get blessings from singing Vallapattu -traditional song
When it is celebrated –
- It is celebrated on first day of Medam as per Malayalam calendar.
- As per western calendars, sun is in constellation of Aries, then this festival is celebrated.
- It is an elaborate display of skills, décor and colours and it is a fun filler event that take place for 10 days.